Jacket Potato & Efo Riro


I love jacket potatoes, and every time I am  in the UK, I make sure I eat them as often as I can...solely because I can only get the really large ones, not the smaller ones we get in Nigeria. I believe, the larger the potato, the better jacket potatoes they make!

So for those not familiar with them, jacket potatoes are basically large potatoes baked in their skin, and them filled with a variety of delicious things like beans, chilli con carne, tuna mayo, etc.

I know some people run away from eating potatoes all in the name of loosing weight, but the truth is we all need carbs for our bodies to function properly, and I am referring to complex carbs, of which fresh potatoes are a good example.

So just yesterday evening, I made a jacket potato and served it with some of my previously made Efo Riro, and it made for a quick, balanced and delicious meal.

Try it

What you need
  • Irish potatoes
  • Pre made Efo Riro

What to do
  1. Select a large potato, scrub the back off, but do not peel the skin. Rinse well. 
  2. Place in an oven and bake until cooked through. Baking time depends on the size of the potato. The potato can also be baked in a microwave oven.
  3. Once baked, slice across its length and serve some efo riro over it... and enjoy.







1 Comments

  1. The Jack potato in the picture looks like what we call sweet potato in Nigeria. Are they the same?

    ReplyDelete
Previous Post Next Post